Join Us for a Viewing of A Plastic Ocean at the Cape Ann Community Cinema!
An Initiative of Cape Ann Maritime Partnership
When: 7:30 PM, Thursday April 19th
Where: The Cape Ann Community Cinema (21 Main St., Gloucester, MA 01930)
Donation: Not required but we suggest a $10 donation to help us reach $1,500 for Gloucester's Clean Harbor Initiative, click below to donate
Reservation: Click the reserve button below to secure your seat
NOTE: A donation is not an admission ticket. Please use the Reserve button below to secure seats.
7:00 Doors Open
7:15-7:30 Welcome Discussion
7:30-9:15 Movie Viewing
9:15-9:45 PResentation and Q&A
Seaside Sustainability and the Cape Ann Maritime Partnership will be hosting a screening of the documentary A Plastic Ocean. Snacks and drinks are available at the theater, so you can sit back, and enjoy the show. The movie will be followed by a short presentation on Gloucester’s sustainable initiatives and a Q&A, so be prepared to ask lots of questions! This event is serving as a fundraiser for Gloucester’s Clean harbor initiative, and we are looking to raise $1,500 to continue keeping our ocean free of debris, so we would greatly appreciate your support. We believe that you will love the ocean just as much as we do after watching this movie, so come grow your love with us. We can’t wait to see you there!
This filming is an initiative of Cape Ann Maritime Partnership
The Cape Ann Marine Partnership joins the NOAA Marine Debris Program, the US Coast Guard, Maritime Gloucester, The Gloucester Clean City Commission, and One Ocean One Love Shop, under Seaside Sustainability's fiscal sponsorship to eradicate and educate about marine pollution in Gloucester Harbor.
Facts About Plastic and why It's Important to Help Save Our Oceans
- More than 8 million tons of plastic are dumped in our oceans every year.
- 50% of plastic is only used once then thrown away.
- Packaging is the largest end use market segment accounting for just over 40% of total plastic usage.
- Annually approximately 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide. More than one million bags are used every minute.
- A plastic bag has an average “working life” of 15 minutes.
- Over the last ten years we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
Derived from: https://plasticoceans.org/the-facts/