top of page
Creating awareness and taking action around the disproportionate effects of climate change
Environmental Justice By Region
Please Click On Your State Below
Our goal is to advance Seaside’s environmental and educational initiatives by including historically disinvested regions and populations to share resources, information, and opportunities to increase community resilience to changing climate factors.
Media We Love and More
Below is our weekly infographic our interns make about Environmental Justice!
● Defining Environmental Justice and Environmental Racism by Ryan Holifield
● Watered Down Justice Report by the NRDC
● Environmental Justice, Science, and Public Health by Professor Steve Wing
● Principles of Environmental Justice written by the Delegates to the First National People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit
● Shades of Darkness: Race and Environmental History by Carolyn Merchant
"Environmental justice is our cry of defiance against the onslaught of oppressive toxins and toxic oppressions that threaten to submerge our homes"
Other Things To Check Out
● Intersectional Environmentalist: a non-profit, climate justice collective that seeks to provide accessible educational resources for those wanting to learn about equitable environmentalism and connections for organizations, groups, and individuals to support a diverse and just community.
● EARTHseed Permaculture Center: led by Pandora Thomas, the EPC is the first afro-indigenous all black-owned retreat, education center, and permaculture farm in California. The 14-acre farm allows for earth centered relaxation for the Black Community while also reconnecting communities to Afro-Indigenous principles and practices for living in our world today.
● Climate Justice Alliance: CJA was formed to unite communities and build a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. They believe that the process of transition must place race, gender, and class at the center of the solutions in order to make it a truly Just Transition.
bottom of page